The Zigbee Alliance has announced its newly launched Europe Interest Group. Comprised of volunteer members with a shared focus on topics relating to Alliance technologies and the European market—including the Connected Home over IP project—the new Interest Group is designed to facilitate conversations and collaboration among members to strengthen Zigbee Alliance standards globally.
Membership is open to all Zigbee Alliance Participants and Promoters. The group is chaired by Alliance Board Member and IoT Architect Ulf Axelsson of IKEA Home smart, and the Europe Interest Group will bring a European voice more formally into the standards work within the Alliance.
The Europe Interest Group operates under the supervision of the Zigbee Alliance Board of Directors, and is tasked with:
- Providing input to the Board regarding European technology needs and current events;
- Collecting, capturing and sharing ongoing information about EU regulation and standards to the Working Groups within the Alliance to aid in the development of global, open IoT standards;
- Sharing regular Project CHIP updates to EU member companies;
- Facilitating discussions around Project CHIP interoperability across Europe while providing insight to shape future endeavors for the European landscape;
- Coordinating and engaging with Alliance marketing teams to support EU events and speaker programs.
The Zigbee Alliance | www.zigbeealliance.org