Silicon Labs recently added new lower-power member to its line of USBXpress bridge devices. The CP2102N USB controller provides a simpler faster way to add USB connectivity to your embedded designs. Offering advanced functionality in QFN packages as compact as 3 mm × 3 mm, the CP2102N is intended for a variety of portable, space-constrained applications, such as USB dongles, gaming controllers, and wearable medical devices.
The CP2102N USBXpress feaures and specs include:
- Data transfer rates up to 3 Mbaud
- A low active current of less than 10 mA
- Remote wake-up capability
- USB battery charger detection capability (USB BCS 1.2) for detecting the type of charger connected to the system
- Crystal-less operation and integrated regulator to reduce bill of materials cost
- Small-footprint package options: 3 mm × 3 mm QFN20, 4 mm × 4 mm QFN24, and 5 mm × 5 mm QFN28
- Royalty-free Virtual COM port drivers
- Easy-to-use software tools including Xpress Configurator
Prices for the CP2102N begin at $0.91 in 10,000-unit quantities. The CP2102N-EK evaluation kit costs $25.
Source: Silicon LabsSponsor this Article