Microsemi Corp. recently added Athena’s TeraFire cryptographic microprocessor to its new PolarFire field programmable gate array (FPGA) “S class” family. The TeraFire hard core provides Microsemi customers access to advanced security capabilities with high performance and low power consumption.
Features, benefits, and specs:
- Supports additional algorithms and key sizes commonly used in commercial
- Internet communications protocols such as TLS, IPSec, MACSec and KeySec.
- The Athena TeraFire EXP-5200B DPA-resistant cryptographic microprocessor capable of nearly 200 MHz operation.
- Enables high-speed DPA-resistant cryptographic protocols at speeds well over 100 Mbps
- Integrated true random number generator for generating keys on-chip and for protecting cryptographic protocols
- The TeraFire crypto microprocessor is extensible with additional object code licensed from Athena or with accelerators attached via the PolarFire FPGA fabric
Microsemi’s PolarFire “S class” FPGAs with Athena’s TeraFire cryptographic microprocessor will be available in Q2 2017. A soft version of the core is available for Microsemi’s SmartFusion2 SoC FPGAs.
Microsemi | www.microsemi.comSponsor this Article