Bosch Sensortec recently announced the launch of the compact BMX160 nine-axis motion sensor, which a great option for small, power-constrained applications ranging from “smart” wearables to virtual reality (VR) devices. Housed in a compact 2.5 × 3 × 0.95 mm3 package, the sensor combines advanced accelerometer, gyroscope, and geomagnetic sensor technologies.
The BMX160’s features, specs, and benefits:
- Compact size: 2.5 × 3 × 0.95 mm3
- Reduces power consumption below 1.5 mA
- Enables Android wearable applications that rely on sensor data
- You can use the sensor with the Bosch Sensortec BSX sensor data fusion software library.
- Pin- and register-compatibility with the six-axis BMI160 IMU s
- Built-in power management unit
BMX160 samples are now available for development partners.
Source: Bosch SensortecSponsor this Article
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar