Advantech has released its stack light tower. Production line managers can use the stack type light tower to monitor the status of their equipment and manufacturing output. Traditionally, there would be a person whose task it is to check the status of each production line from the individual lights on each machine. WISE-S100 intelligent stack light monitoring sensor was developed to do away with this by simultaneous display of several operational states. WISE-S100 also lowers operating expenses and allows factory owners and managers to monitor manufacturing status and OEE remotely.
WISE-S100 one-size-fits-all design can detect and indicate several simultaneous operational states through the use of light states such as light on, light off, slow blinking, and fast blinking. WISE-S100 has 8 sensors inside taking up over 90% of its height. When WISE-4000 wireless modular I/O series is paired with the WISE-S100 sensor, users get a remote and intelligent OEE solution that can be integrated into machinery without stopping production or worrying about wiring. WISE-4000 supports Wi-Fi 2.4G and various LPWAN wireless technologies such as LoRaWAN and proprietary LPWAN (SUB-G) which has higher penetration, lower interference, wider coverage, and fits diverse production scenarios on the production line. WISE-4000 LPWAN series comes with an optional battery power solution.
The current market provides very little flexibility for stack light sensor implementation, says Advantech. Some sensors are designed with RF connectivity which will be limited by regulatory constraints. It turns out current products don’t quite fit market needs, especially when there is a variety of wireless technologies around the world.
- Single stack light status monitoring – no more individually manually checking equipment lights one by one. An operator can sit in front of the SCADA system and monitor the whole manufacturing status remotely or close by.
- No need to stop machinery during installation – directly position WISE-S100 stack light tower on equipment in the best position. No need to stop machines/equipment and connection and cabling is simple and straight forward.
WISE-S100 intelligent stack light becomes a complete OEE solution when paired with WISE-4000 wireless I/O module which supports WiFi, LoRaWAN, and proprietary LPWAN wireless technology for complex environment scenarios. LoRaWAN/Proprietary LPWAN can even support an optional battery solution to do away with tangled wires and cabling issues.
- Up to 10, 000 samples of local data storage with timestamps in WISE-4000 WiFi series.
- WISE-4000 series supports Modbus, HTTP, RESTful, MQTT messaging protocols and sends data to SCADA, MES, etc.
WISE-S100 intelligent stack light and WISE-4000 wireless I/O module OEE solution are suitable for use in continuous flow production and discrete manufacturing industries. WISE-S100 is aimed at:
- Existing machines with the light towers that have no data transmission functions.
- Equipment with light towers have no direct connectivity within their environment.
- Aftermarket equipment that have light towers that are functioning but cannot be turned off or controlled.
Advantech | www.advantech.com