Analog Devices recently introduced a real-time Ethernet, multi-protocol (REM) switch chip Ethernet connectivity solution for intelligent factory applications. Well suited for a variety of connected motion applications, you can use the “TSN-ready” (time sensitive networking) fido5000 with any processor, any protocol, and any stack.
The fido5000 two-port embedded Ethernet switch’s features, specs, and benefits include:
- Reduces board size and power consumption while improving Ethernet performance at the node under any network load condition.
- Attaches to Analog’s ADSP-SC58x, ADSP-2158x, and ADSP-CM40x motion control processors
- Supports PROFINET RT/IRT, EtherNet/IP with beacon-based DLR, ModbusTCP, EtherCAT, SERCOS, and POWERLINK.
- Achieves cycle times below 125 µs
- Includes drivers for simple integration with any Industrial Ethernet protocol stack
The fido5100 is scheduled for full production in September 2017 and will cost $6 each in 1,000-piece quantities. The fido5200 (EtherCAT Capable) is also scheduled for full production in September 2017 and will cost $8 each in 1,000-piece quantities.Sponsor this Article
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at email@example.com, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar