Linear Technology recently introduced the LTC5596, which is a high-frequency, wideband RMS power detector that provides accurate power measurement of RF and microwave signals independent of modulation and waveforms. It responds in an easy-to-use log-linear 29 mV/dB scale to signal levels from –37 to –2 dBm with accuracy better than ±1 dB error over the full operating temperature range and RF frequency range from 200 MHz to an unprecedented 30 GHz.
The LTC5596’s features and specs:
- An extraordinarily wide bandwidth enables the detector to work seamlessly across multiple frequency bands using a common design with minimum calibration.
- Operates from a single 3.3-V supply, drawing a nominal supply current of 30 mA.
- Built-in improved ESD protection.
- Two temperature grades: an I grade is designed for operation from –40° to 105°C case. A high-temperature H-grade has rated temperature from –40° to 125°C case.
- Both temperature versions are available in a 2 mm × 2 mm plastic eight-lead DFN package.
The LTC5596 I-grade starts at $12.50 each in 1,000-piece quantities. The H-grade starts at $16.95 each. Both versions are available in production quantities.
Source: Linear TechnologySponsor this Article
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar