NXP Semiconductors has announced the new Mantra RF family of high-performance transceivers and receivers for secure car access and vehicle management. The chip family offers a long-range (several hundred meters), two-way RF link for bidirectional communication between a key fob and car.
Keys with Mantra enable you to remotely check your vehicle’s fuel, battery levels, and maintenance data. In addition, you can check if the doors and windows are locked, as well remotely operate your vehicle’s locks, ignition, and temperature. Furthermore, the Mantra family provides strong security and authentication features to prevent unauthorized access.
The Mantra RF family’s features include:
- Multichannel transceiver and receiver solutions
- Single IC for bands (315, 345, 426, 434, 447, 868, 915, and 950 MHz)
- Simultaneous reception of up to three channels in parallel
- Two RF inputs allowing sequential antenna diversity
- Low receiver power consumption
- Flexible customization at ultra-low power with the programmable microcontroller core
- High-performance, low-noise front end
Source: NXP Semiconductors http://www.nxp.com/Sponsor this Article
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at email@example.com, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar