Maxim Integrated recently announced a new platform provides Industry 4.0 developers with real-time intelligence, adaptive manufacturing, and distributed control. Its Pocket IO programmable logic controller (PLC) development platform enables you to achieve the smallest form factor and highest power efficiency for innovative PLC designs. The platform comprises 30 I/Os, including analog input, analog output, digital input, digital output, IO-link, and motion control featuring robust functionality and diagnostic capabilities.
The Pocket IO PLC development platform’s features, benefits, and specs:
- Real-time intelligence: Fast data processing provides the necessary data to make intelligent decisions quickly and effectively to optimize yield.
- Adaptive manufacturing: Manufacturing flexibility allows for real-time changes and adjustments to avoid potential downtime.
- Distributed control: Ultra-small footprint of less than 10 cubic inches and smart energy consumption brings PLC down to the manufacturing line, re-distributing intelligent control and providing redundancy.
- 15× space savings with 16 fewer diodes than the previous solution
- Over 90% power efficiency when compared to its predecessor
The Pocket IO PLC reference design ($499) includes an attach board, IO-link protocol stack, cables, and a power supply. Free schematics, layout files, and firmware are available.
Source: Maxim IntegratedSponsor this Article
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at email@example.com, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar