Microchip Technology’s new PIC32MX1/2/5 series enables a wide variety of applications, ranging from digital audio to general-purpose embedded control. The microcontroller series offers a robust peripheral set for a wide range of cost-sensitive applications that require complex code and higher feature integration.
The microcontrollers feature:
- Up to 83 DMIPS performance
- Scalable memory options from 64/8-KB to 512/64-KB flash memory/RAM
- Integrated CAN2.0B controllers with DeviceNet addressing support and programmable bit rates up to 1 Mbps, along with system RAM for storing up to 1024 messages in 32 buffers.
- Four SPI/I2S interfaces
- A Parallel Master Port (PMP) and capacitive touch sensing hardware
- A 10-bit, 1-Msps, 48-channel ADC
- Full-speed USB 2.0 Device/Host/OTG peripheral
- Four general-purpose direct memory access controllers (DMAs) and two dedicated DMAs on each CAN and USB module
Microchip’s MPLAB Harmony software development framework supports the MCUs. You can take advantage of Microchip’s software packages, such as Bluetooth audio development suites, Bluetooth Serial Port Profile library, audio equalizer filter libraries, various Decoders (including AAC, MP3, WMA and SBC), sample-rate conversion libraries, CAN2.0B PLIBs, USB stacks, and graphics libraries.
Microchip’s free MPLAB X IDE, the MPLAB XC32 compiler for PIC32, the MPLAB ICD3 in-circuit debugger, and the MPLAB REAL ICE in-circuit emulation system also support the series.
The PIC32MX1/2/5 Starter Kit costs $69. The new PIC32MX1/2/5 microcontrollers with the 40-MHz/66 DMIPS speed option are available in 64-pin TQFP and QFN packages and 100-pin TQFP packages. The 50-MHz/83 DMIPS speed option for this PIC32MX1/2/5 series is expected to be available starting in late January 2015. Pricing starts at $2.75 each, in 10,000-unit quantities.
Source: Microchip TechnologySponsor this Article