BittWare recently released a new COTS PCIe board based on Xilinx’s 20-nm UltraScale VU190 FPGA. The XUSP3R is a 3/4-length PCIe board offers up to four Gen3 x8 PCIe interfaces, along with four front panel QSFP28 cages, supporting 16 lanes of 25 Gbps or 4 lanes of 100 Gbps, including 100 GbE. Four DIMM sockets support massive memory configurations including up to 256 GB of DDR4 memory across four 72-bit wide banks.
Alternatively, each DIMM socket can be populated with BittWare’s dual bank QDR DIMMs, each providing 576 Mb of QDR-II+. An optional Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC) module with up to 4 GB is also available that can be populated in addition to, and independent of, the DIMMs. Together, these features make the XUSP3R well suited for a variety of data center and networking applications, including compute acceleration, network processing, cybersecurity, and storage.
The board also offers features and tools for simplified development and integration. A comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) with host software support for advanced system monitoring simplifies platform management. A complete software tool suite and FPGA development/project examples are also available.
The XUSP3R’s features and specs:
- High-performance Xilinx Virtex UltraScale 190/160/125
- Up to four independent PCIe Gen3 x8 interfaces
- Four QSFP28 cages for 4x 100GbE, 16x 25GbE, 4x 40GbE, or 16x 10GbE (or combinations thereof)
- Four DIMM sites that support DDR4-2133 SDRAM, QDR-IV, and QDR-II+
- Optional HMC Module (in addition to, and independent of, the DIMM sites)
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- USB 2.0 for programming, debug, or control with optional integrated Platform Cable USB functionality
- Timestamping and synchronization support
- Complete software support with BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit
- FPGA development kit for FPGA board support IP and integration
The XUSP3R board is in production and shipping now. Contact BittWare for more details and pricing.
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at email@example.com, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar