BittWare recently released a new COTS PCIe board based on Xilinx’s 20-nm UltraScale VU190 FPGA. The XUSP3R is a 3/4-length PCIe board offers up to four Gen3 x8 PCIe interfaces, along with four front panel QSFP28 cages, supporting 16 lanes of 25 Gbps or 4 lanes of 100 Gbps, including 100 GbE. Four DIMM sockets support massive memory configurations including up to 256 GB of DDR4 memory across four 72-bit wide banks.
Alternatively, each DIMM socket can be populated with BittWare’s dual bank QDR DIMMs, each providing 576 Mb of QDR-II+. An optional Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC) module with up to 4 GB is also available that can be populated in addition to, and independent of, the DIMMs. Together, these features make the XUSP3R well suited for a variety of data center and networking applications, including compute acceleration, network processing, cybersecurity, and storage.
The board also offers features and tools for simplified development and integration. A comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) with host software support for advanced system monitoring simplifies platform management. A complete software tool suite and FPGA development/project examples are also available.
The XUSP3R’s features and specs:
- High-performance Xilinx Virtex UltraScale 190/160/125
- Up to four independent PCIe Gen3 x8 interfaces
- Four QSFP28 cages for 4x 100GbE, 16x 25GbE, 4x 40GbE, or 16x 10GbE (or combinations thereof)
- Four DIMM sites that support DDR4-2133 SDRAM, QDR-IV, and QDR-II+
- Optional HMC Module (in addition to, and independent of, the DIMM sites)
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- USB 2.0 for programming, debug, or control with optional integrated Platform Cable USB functionality
- Timestamping and synchronization support
- Complete software support with BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit
- FPGA development kit for FPGA board support IP and integration
The XUSP3R board is in production and shipping now. Contact BittWare for more details and pricing.