Linear Technology recently introduced the LTM8003 step-down DC/DC µModule regulator. With a 40-V input voltage rating and 3.5 A of continuous output current, the LTM8003’s pinout is failure mode effects analysis (FMEA) compliant, so the output voltage remains at or below the regulation voltage in the event of a short-circuit to GND, a short-circuit to a nearby pin, or if a pin is left floating.
The LTM8003 operates in four operation: Burst Mode, pulse skip mode, pulse skip mode with spread spectrum, and external synch mode. The quiescent current in Burst Mode operation is 25 µA (max), which makes the LTM8003 a good option for battery-operated systems.
The LTM8003’s specs and features:
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.4 to 40 V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.97 to 18 V
- 3.5 A Continuous Output Current (6 A Peak)
- FMEA-compliant pinout
- 150°C maximum operating temperature (H-Grade)
- Selectable switching frequency: 200 kHz to 3 MHz
- External synchronization
- Low quiescent current = 25 µA
- Programmable soft-start
- 6.25 mm × 9 mm × 3.32 mm BGA package
The LTM8003 starts at 1,000-piece pricing starts at $11.30 each in 1,000-piece quantities.
Source: Linear Technology