Linear Technology recently announced an addition to its family of power regulator solutions. The LTC3622 is a dual step-down regulator in a small 3 × 4 mm package that provides two independently configurable 1-A outputs operating from a 2.7 to 17 V input. External voltage divider networks define the two output voltages or alternatively a range of fixed output voltage versions result in a lower component count. The input voltage range makes it suitable for operation from single or multiple lithium cells or from a vehicular supply.
The regulator can operate in Burst mode to give highest efficiency at light loads or Pulse-Skipping mode to give lower ripple noise. The system clock can be synchronized to an external source to help to reduce system noise bandwidth.
- Dual step-down outputs: 1 A per channel
- VIN range: 2.7 to 17 V
- VOUT range: 0.6 V to VIN
- Up to 95% efficiency
- No-load IQ = 5 μA (both channels enabled) < 4 μA (one channel enabled)
- High efficiency, low dropout operation (100% duty cycle)
- Constant frequency (1 MHz/2.25 MHz) with external synchronization
- ±1% output voltage accuracy
- Current mode operation improves line and load transient response
- Phase shift programmable with external clock
- Selectable current limit
- Internal compensation and soft-start
- Compact 14-pin DFN (3 mm × 4 mm) package
The regulator is available now with a per-unit cost starting at $3.75 for orders of 1,000 units.[Source: Linear Technology] Sponsor this Article