Cirrus Logic recently introduced the CS43130 MasterHIFI, which is a low-power, digital-to-analog converter (DAC) featuring a headphone amplifier. Operating at 4× lower power consumption, the CS43130 DAC supports Direct Stream Digital (DSD) formats and includes a NOS Filter and 512 single-bit elements to eliminate unwanted noise from the signal and for best filter response. The IC minimizes board space requirements while enabling performance and features to drive design differentiation.
The CS43130’s features, specs, and benefits:
- Supports DSD, DSD DoP (DSD over PCM), up to DSD128 and all PCM high-resolution audio formats up to 32-bit 384 kHz
- Proprietary DSD processor handles switching between DSD and PCM audio streams, while matching the analog audio output level
- Advanced hi-fi filters, allowing OEMs to tune their own signature sound
- Analog bypass switch provides easy switching between hi-fi and voice call modes and includes a low-power state for voice only
- Unique Non-Oversampling (NOS) emulation mode
- High impedance of 600 Ω and inter-channel isolation of greater than 110 dB.
- Proprietary digital-interpolation filters support five selectable digital filter responses.
- On-board, low-noise, ground-centered headphone amplifier provides proprietary AC impedance detection to support headphone fingerprinting
- Uses 512 individual DACs per channel in an analog/digital filter array
- THD+N of –108 dB and dynamic range of 130 dB
- Consumes 23 mW of power
- Supports up to 32-bit, 384-kHz sample rate audio playback
The CS43130 and CS4399 are available in a 42-ball WLCS or a 40-pin QFN package. A development kit is also available.
Source: Cirrus LogicSponsor this Article