BittWare recently announced today its second low-profile PCIe board—the A5-PCIe-S (A5PS). The new board is based on Altera’s Arria V GZ FPGA, which provides a high level of system integration and flexibility for I/O, routing, and processing. Thus, the A5PS is a reliable platform for a variety of applications (e.g., network processing, security, broadcast, and signals intelligence).
Featuring dual SFP+ cages that run up to 12.5 Gbps, the A5PS provides dual 10GigE ports using optical transceivers as well as passive copper cabling up to 7 m. These ports are serviced by the advanced 28-nm Arria V GZ FPGA, which also supports a Gen3 x8 PCIe interface and either 8-GB DDR3 or 36-MB QDRII+. Sophisticated time-stamping and synchronization options are supported by dual SMA connectors for interfacing to 1-PPS or 10-MHz reference clocks, in addition to the tunable on-board high accuracy, temperature compensated oscillator (TCXO). A comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) with host software support for advanced system monitoring is also provided.
The A5PS features and specifications include:
- Altera Arria V GZ FPGA
- PCIe x8 interface supporting Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3
- Dual SFP+ cages for 2x 10GigE: Support for a wide range of optical transceiver; built-in low-latency active drivers/receivers for passive copper cables up to 7 m
- Memory options (pick one): DDR3 (single 72-bit bank of up to 8 GBytes DDR3-1600 with ECC); QDRII+ (two 18-bit banks of up to 144 Mb each—288 Mb or 36 MB total)
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- USB 2.0 for programming, debug, or control
- Timestamping and synchronization support
- Dual SMA for reference clock/synchronization inputs
- Tunable high-accuracy TCXO
- Programmable clock synthesizer (Si5338)
- Complete software support with BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit
- Broad range of IP offerings
- 10 GigE MAC
- TCP/IP Offload Engines (TOE), UDP Offload Engines
- PCIe DMA
The A5PS board currently costs $1,500 in 1000s for the A5PS with the Arria V GZ E1 with no external memory. Contact BittWare for additional configurations, pricing, and details.
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at email@example.com, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar