Advantech has announced the release of its newest UTX form factor motherboard: the AIMB-U117. Measuring 116.8 mm x 111.8 mm, this palm-sized industrial motherboard is equipped with Intel Atom E39XX processors and features 3 independent displays, onboard eMMC storage and rich I/O capabilities. It supports a wide range of DC power inputs from 12 V to 24 V. The AIMB-U117 supports extended operating temperatures from -20 to 70°C. Small in size, the AIMB-U117 targets multiple applications: digital signage, passenger information systems, automation, robot AGV, robotics and vending.
The AIMB-U117 integrates an Intel Gen 9 graphics engine for improved throughput, media acceleration, and 4K2K display resolution. It offers substantial display interfaces, including DisplayPort1.2, HDMI1.4, and eDP (or LVDS). It supports three simultaneous, independent display outputs to deliver advanced graphics and media performance (DirectX 12.0, OpenGL 4.4, OpenCL 2.0). The 4096 x 2160 high resolution output meets the requirements of high-quality display applications—making it well suited for digital signage applications requiring a slim-sized solution with high resolution graphics and up to 3 independent display outputs.
The AIMB-U117 offers a rich set I/O, including: dual GbE LAN ports, 4 x USB 3.0, 1 x SATAIII, and 2 x COM (RS-232, RS-422 or 485). For expansion, it supports 1 x M.2 (E key) and 1 x full-sized MiniPCIe (colay mSATA) for flexible modular add-on card installation. Moreover, the AIMB-U117 supports onboard eMMC storage (optional). The optional standard protocol interfaces include 1 x MDB and 1 x ccTalk for vending applications. 1 x CAN bus is highly suitable for automation applications.
The AIMB-U117 is designed for wide-ranging DC power source input (12V~24V) and features a lockable DC Jack to ensure power cables remain securely connected in high vibration environments. The AIMB-U117 (I SKU) operates under a wide temperature range, -20~70°C, designed for a variety of thermal solutions. It is therefore an ideal solution for use in automation applications and/or semi-outdoor public environments where passenger information systems, signage walls, and vending machines are located such as airports or train stations.
- Intel AtomTM E39XX processor.
- Supports single channel DDR3L-1866 MHz 204-pin SODIMM socket up to 8 GB.
- Intel Gfx 9 supports DX12, OpenCL 2.0, OpenGL 4.4. HW decode: H.265. HW encode: H.264.
- Supports triple simultaneous displays: DisplayPort1.2, HDMI1.4b, eDP (or LVDS).
- Rich I/O and expansion options: 4 x USB 3.0, 1 x SATAIII, 2 x COM ports (or MDB, ccTalk), 1 Mini PCIe socket (F/S, colay mSATA), and 1 M.2 (E key, type: 2230) and 8-bit GPIO.
- Supports onboard eMMC storage.
- Supports fanless and fan-based for various thermal simulations.
- Wide range of DC power inputs: 12V ~24V.
- Extended temperature range: -20~70°C (for AIMB-117I only).
Advantech | www.advantech.com
Sponsor this Article