Apex Embedded Systems offers the TRACER-DIO-5VIO, a high current PC/104 digital I/O and counter/timer module. The module provides 48-lines of 8255 compatible general purpose I/O and three 16-bit 8254 compatible counter/timers. The board is a COTS module used in military, aerospace and industrial applications.
This product is an update from the company’s classic Tracer-E. The digital I/O module provides true 5 V output swings and accepts full 5 V inputs. It has 48-lines of 8255 compatible general purpose I/O and three 16-bit 8254 compatible counter/timers. Optional 2 mm connectors and cables, terminal board and cable accessories are available. A tin mitigation option available via special order. Firmware modifications are available on request.
- High-Current Outputs can sink 32 milliamps, and source 32 milliamps per channel. This is true even while operating at high temperatures.
- Direct Interfacing to OPTO-22’s isolated I/O racks. Digital I/O connector is organized to allow direct connection to OPTO-22’s isolated I/O racks that use the G4 serial of I/O modules, the PB16-H, PB16-J, PB16-K, PB16-L, PB8H and the PB24HQ.
- Environmental: Wide operating temperature range of -40 to +85 degrees C
- Polarized connectors prevent incorrect cable installations
- LED status: an LED displays valid card read/write transactions useful for both product development and field status.
- Single +5V operation: approximately 500 milliwatts (inputs/outputs unloaded)
- Out-gassing and fire avoidance: They do not use any tantalum or electrolytic capacitors in any products.
- Reliability: MTBF of 724,559 hours per MIL-HDBK-217F ground benign at 25o= degrees C.
- Production: Designed and Assembled in Wisconsin, USA, utilizing an ISO 9001 manufacturing facility.
Apex Embedded Systems | www.apexembeddedsystems.com
Sponsor this Article
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at email@example.com, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar