EM Microelectronic’s EMBC01 Bluetooth beacon recently achieved FCC certification for operation within the US, as well as IC certification in Canada and CE certification for operation in the European Union. You can use the compact EMBC01 beacon anywhere iBeacon and Bluetooth Smart v4.0 technologies are implemented.
EMBC01 features, specs, and capabilities:
- Consumes less than 25 µA average current in a typical application
- Operates up to 12 months from a single CR2032 battery
- Includes ultra-low-power EM6819 microprocessor
- Contains a built-in mode switch
- Includes an integrated red and green LEDs for status feedback
- Includes a miniature antenna
- Detects beacons 75 m away by an iPhone 5S at the 0-dBm output power setting
- Detects beacons up to 120 m at maximum output power
- Includes optimized circuit architecture that protects against over-the-air attacks
- Ships preprogrammed with a Renata CR2032 battery and an IP-64-certified, weatherproof plastic enclosure
The EMBC01, the EMBC01 Development Kit, and accessories are currently available. Contact EM Microelectronic for pricing.
Source: EM Microelectronic
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar