Diamond Systems has unveiled the EPSM-10GX Gbit Ethernet switch module with managed Layer 2/3 switch capabilities in an ultra-compact COM Express Mini 2.2″ x 3.3″ (55 mm x 84mm) form factor. Featuring 24 10/100/1000 Mbps copper twisted pair ports and two 10 Gbps SFI ports, the EPSM-10GX is a well suited for use as a building block for creating custom Ethernet switch solutions in a variety of space-critical applications, such as drones, ground and underwater vehicles and robots.
The EPSM-10GX offers managed layer 2+ performance (layer 3 capable with software upgrade) via its built-in 500 MHz MIPS processor and comprehensive suite of software features. All features are manageable via any Ethernet port or an auxiliary “out of band” serial interface. The switch operates at non-blocking wire-speed performance, meaning all ports can operate at full speed simultaneously, resulting in a 44 Gbps total throughput capability.
For a complete off-the-shelf solution, Diamond Systems also introduced the EPS-24G2X (EPSM-10GX combined with carrier board) which provides access to all features of the module to create an off-the-shelf complete solution in the industry standard 3.5 inch form factor. For rapid development of custom solutions, Diamond offers under NDA a complete design package for the EPS-24G2X, enabling customers to quickly and easily design a custom solution with minimum risk.
The EPSM-10GX is designed to meet the demands imposed by harsh environments and is tested and guaranteed to MIL-STD-202G shock/vibration levels and can be operated in temperatures from -40°C to 85°C.
The EPSM-10GX includes the following key features and functionality:
- 24 10/100/1000Mbps copper Ethernet ports
- Integrated 500 MHz MIPS 24KEc CPU
- Serial port for out of band management and software updates
- IEEE802.1Q switch with 4K VLANs and 32K MAC table entries
- Multiple protocol support: IEEE 802.1d, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1s, and IEEE 802.1X
- Flexible link aggregation support based on Layer-2 through Layer-4 information (IEEE 802.3ad)
- Multicast and broadcast storm control, as well as flooding control
- COM Express Mini, Type 10 Form Factor (2.2” x 3.3″ / 55 mm x 84 mm)
- Power input: 5VDC
- -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F) operating temperature
EPSM-10GX is supplied with all required firmware pre-installed and pre-configured, enabling immediate operation without any software development effort. The EPSM-10GX managed 26-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch Module is shipping now.
Diamond Systems | www.diamondsystems.comSponsor this Article
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at email@example.com, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar