Semtech has announced the availability of LoRa Cloud Geolocation, a new cloud-based geolocation service that is compatible with the LoRaWAN protocol and almost any network server. The geolocation service can be easily integrated to provide a low-cost, performance-optimized solution, and is the first of a variety of cloud services products that Semtech will be offering to support IoT application development.
Over the past year, Semtech has trialed a free Cloud-based geolocation service with hundreds of users providing positive feedback on the ease-of-use and the performance of the service. LoRa Cloud Geolocation was in beta test this year with limited partners and over the coming quarter, many more users are expected to integrate the new service into their platforms. The new Cloud-based geolocation service was designed to support flexibility in deployment options providing geolocation service availability to any IoT devices.
Semtech is currently onboarding early customers and general availability with sign-up via a new LoRa Cloud services portal is expected in the summer of 2019. Different pricing tiers will be available for selection.
LoRa Cloud Geolocation Features:
- Simple API accepting signal-strength, signal-to-noise ratio and time of arrival data from LoRaWAN-based gateways and returning an estimated location.
- Supporting all LoRaWAN-based gateways, with or without accurate time of arrival data
- Compatible with all LoRaWAN-based devices on all LoRaWAN-based networks
- Options for including multiple packets (uplinks) in a single query for improved accuracy
- 100% stateless with all required data included in the query
- No device identity required – total device anonymity ensured
- Support for multiple antennae per gateway
- Deploy in public Cloud or on-premise
Semtech | www.semtech.com