Dialog Semiconductor recently announced the next generation in its SmartBond family. The DA14586 SoC is the company’s first standalone device qualified to support the latest Bluetooth 5.0 specification. It delivers the lowest power consumption and unrivaled functionality for advanced use cases.
The DA14586’s features, specs, and benefits:
- Bluetooth 5 qualified
- An integrated microphone interface allows manufacturers to add intuitive intelligent voice control to any cloud connected product that has a microphone and speaker
- Enhancements include an advanced power management setup with both buck and boost converters, which enable support of most primary cell battery types.
- Double the memory of its predecessor for user applications, making it ideal for adding Bluetooth low energy to proximity tags, beacons, connected medical devices, and smart home applications.
- Advanced features allow for mesh-based networked applications to be simply supported.
- Supported by a complete development environment and Dialog’s SmartSnippets software to help engineers optimize software for power consumption.
Source: Dialog Semiconductor
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at email@example.com, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar