NXP Semiconductors has announced the availability of its LPC552x/S2x microcontroller (MCU) family – further extending its performance efficient LPC5500 MCU series with the second of seven families planned for the series. The LPC552x/S2x MCU family offers significant advantages for developers, including pin-, software- and peripheral-compatibility to accelerate time to market, while leveraging 40-nm NVM process technology to deliver a cost- and power-efficient microcontroller platform.
The LPC552x/S2x is a mainstream family in LPC5500 series, providing a perfect balance between security, performance efficiency and system integration for general embedded and industrial IoT markets. It combines the high-performance efficiency of the Cortex-M33 core with multiple high-speed interfaces, an integrated power management IC, and rich analog integration.
Key features include:
- Cortex-M33 up to 150 MHz, FPU and MPU
- From 256 KB to 512 KB on-chip flash, and up to 256 KB SRAM
- Advanced security: PRINCE module for real-time encryption, CASPER for hardware acceleration, AES-256, SHA2 module, SRAM PUF (LPC55S2x only)
- FlexComm, USB HS, USB FS
- 16-bit ADC with 5 differential channel pairs (or 10 singled-ended channels), ACMP, temperature sensor
- 5 x 32b Timers, SCTimer/PWM, RTC, MRT, WWDT
- Programmable Logic Unit
- Power-saving modes
- 1.8 V to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range -40°C to +105°C
- Available in HLQFP100, VFBGA98 and HTQFP64 packages
The LPC552x/S2x MCU family is available now from NXP and its distribution partners with a suggested resale price starting at $1.63 (USD) for 10,000-unit quantities. NXP will accompany the silicon release with a LPC55S28-based evaluation kit at a suggested resale price of $39 (USD).
NXP Semiconductors | www.nxp.comBecome a Sponsor