NXP Semiconductors has announced its family of 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Dual Band + Bluetooth/BLE solutions. Enabling the world’s first Wi-Fi 6 enabled gaming console, the optimized IW62X family of products will provide increased capacity, efficiency and performance for next-generation connectivity solutions including smart consumer IoT hubs, wireless speakers, video-enabled smart devices, augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) devices and additional IoT applications, says NXP.
The new 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 solutions are well suited for advanced gaming consoles that demand high-performance Wi-Fi with near zero wireless controller lag time and low-latency multiplayer gaming experiences (via a single, in-room console) over wireless networks. The IW62X solutions also offer real-time interactions for cloud-based gaming devices, clients and services by providing high-bandwidth and low-latency connectivity needed for full 4k / 60 fps gameplay.
NXP’s family of 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 Dual Band + Bluetooth solutions bring a dramatic boost in speed, and a 4x increase in network capacity and a 2x increase in bandwidth over previous generations of Wi-Fi. This increased capacity with reduced latency supports a significantly higher number of users and devices connected to a network or gateway.
These forward-looking features support a wide range of robust use cases, including:
- AR/VR headsets, making full, completely wireless immersive experiences in HD possible.
- Multi-channel home theatre audio experiences with wireless speakers, video-enabled smart assistants with full bandwidth to support seamless 4k video interaction and content streaming.
- Smart IoT hubs, appliances and accessories, outdoor and remote IP-enabled security cameras.
- Consumer, commercial, and industrial IoT solutions for home and building control (smart lighting, building safety and security and climate control).
The BT/BLE radios support Bluetooth/BLE standards (BLE LR/2Mbps, BLE AoA/AoD, BLE Mesh), independent Bluetooth connections and operational modes with multiple external devices. These capabilities enable advanced smart hub and smart home services that use Bluetooth-based positioning and Mesh connectivity, providing support for numerous applications, including:
- Dual/independent wireless headset support.
- Robust support of audio steaming (via stereo A2DP, Isochronous Channel).
- Separate low-power peripheral / accessory control, including speaker, voice assistant, audio hubs/soundbar, physical remote control and low-power device wakeup.
The IW62X family features 2.4 and 5 GHz dual band Power Amplifiers (PAs), Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) antenna switches. It also includes a power management unit that substantially reduces system-level BOM (Bill of Materials) and device board area. while also simplifying chip-on-board and integrated-module designs.
NXP’s IW62X family of 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 Dual Band + Bluetooth solutions are available for sampling now and soon from select module partners.
NXP Semiconductors | www.nxp.com