WIN Enterprises has announced the PL-81280, a 1U high-performance rack-mounted networking system designed for use in the cloud and datacenter. The appliance supports the AMD Naples EPYC 7000 SoC processor. The System on Chip (SoC) processor features integrated security and graphics capabilities.
The EPYC processor achieves high computing performance offering up to 32 processing cores. Big data analytics and in-memory databases are accelerated with the additional parallelism enabled by this microarchitecture. Overall throughput is optimized in data intensive environments by two standard PCIe x16 slots that support two 100 Gbit Ethernet adapter cards.
The PL-81280 supports up to 4 NIC modules and has multiple Ethernet module bays that enable flexible port configuration. That includes 1/10/40 Gigabit fiber and Gigabit copper with BYPASS option.Strong I/O elements include Ethernet ports for management and optional IPMI, a console port, two USB 3.0 ports, a Graph LCD module, 5-key interface, and LEDs for power/HDD/2xGPIO. In addition, PL-81280 supports one 3.5-inch or two 2.5-inch SATA HDDs/SSDs, one m-SATA and two M.2 2280/22110 slots to accommodate basic network storage applications. WIN Enterprises will customize the PL-81280 based on a customer’s more specific application needs.
- Supports AMD Naples EPYC 7000 Series SoC Processor, LGA4094
- Eight-channel DDR4 ECC Registered 2400/2667MHz memory
- Max memory support of 512GB
- Max support 4x PCIe X8 slots for expansion LAN modules, supporting a maximum of 32 GbE Copper/Fiber ports
- 1 x 3.5” or 2 x 2.5” HDD/SSD support
- 1 x riser card for PCIe slot expansion
- 2 x M.2 2280/22110 and 1 x m-SATA
- Supports optional IPMI card with VGA
WIN Enterprises | www.win-ent.comSponsor this Article
Circuit Cellar's editorial team comprises professional engineers, technical editors, and digital media specialists. You can reach the Editorial Department at email@example.com, @circuitcellar, and facebook.com/circuitcellar