- Member Name: Thomas Struzik
- Location: Houston, TX
- Education: BSEE, Purdue University
- Occupation: Software architect
- Member Status: He has been a subscriber since day one. “I’ve got Issue 1 sitting in a box somewhere,” he said. Thomas adds that he was a BYTE magazine subscriber before Circuit Cellar.
- Technical Interests: Thomas enjoys automation through embedded technology, robotics, low-level programming, and electronic music generation / enhancement.
- Most Recent Embedded Tech-Related Purchase: He recently bought a CWAV USBee SX Digital Test Pod and an Atmel AVR Dragon.
- Current and Recent Projects: Thomas is working on designing an isolated USB power supply for his car.
- Thoughts on the Future of Embedded Technology: Ever-increasing complexity is becoming a stumbling block for the “average” user. “Few people even realize the technology embedded in everyday items,” he said. “How many people know that brand-new LCD TV they’ve got is actually running Linux under the covers? Fortunately, there seems to be a resurgence of ‘need-to-know how stuff works’ with the whole DIY/maker culture. But even that is still a small island compared to the population in general.”
Submit your Professional Profile