Infineon Technologies has announced that its new AIROC brand now includes what it claims is the industry’s first 1×1 Wi-Fi 6/6E and Bluetooth 5.2 combo SoC for the IoT, enterprise and industrial applications and the first 2×2 Wi-Fi 6/6E and Bluetooth 5.2 combo SoC for multimedia, consumer and automotive applications. The Wi-Fi 6/6E combo solutions operate in the 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and the new, greenfield 6GHz spectrum.
This makes them well suited for high-quality video and audio streaming applications like gaming consoles, AR/VR, smart speakers, media-streaming devices and automotive Infotainment. Applications that require an instant response—like security systems and industrial automation—will also benefit from the new products.
- Double the wireless coverage range compared to Wi-Fi 5 and Wi-Fi 4
- 40 percent more coverage than typical Wi-Fi 6/6E solutions
- Improved connection robustness with enhanced interference mitigation
- Lower latency and better Wi-Fi/BT Coexistence that improves multimedia streaming and gaming responsiveness in overlapping network environments
- Over 20 percent power savings, enabling longer battery life
- Multi-layer security protections with secured boot, firmware authentication and encryption, and lifecycle management, enabling a higher level of security for IoT applications.
Infineon’s AIROC Wi-Fi 6/6E solutions are also equipped with the latest Bluetooth 5.2 technology, enabling high-quality audio with LC3, and enabling new BLE audio use cases such as audio sharing and audio broadcast. The unique low-power Wake-on-Bluetooth LE mode allows the host CPU to conserve power while the Bluetooth core autonomously “listens” for incoming connection requests. Advanced wireless technology innovations have been added to improve BT/BLE range, robustness, latency and power savings above and beyond standard BT5.2. Infineon’s Smart Coex maximizes Wi-Fi throughput when used concurrently with Bluetooth, and optimizes for demanding multi-media use cases.
The AIROC Wi-Fi 6 / 6E and Bluetooth 5.2 combo is currently sampling to select customers.
Infineon Technologies | www.infineon.com