Mixtile’s Blade 3 High-Performance Computer (HPC) can be daisy-chained to reach a massive 600 cores. The rich interface edge computing unit is stackable, because of its low-latency 4X PCIe Generation 3 Pico-ITX 2.5-inch form factor.
Blade 3 is a single-board computer based on a Rockchip RK3588. With a 4-lane PCIe Gen3 port, the Blade 3 is able to communicate with other computing nodes, delivering a low carbon footprint and high-performance computing.
Mixtile has said that the Blade 3 can be daisy-chained in a server environment in a way to produce a vast number of cores.
- Integrating 75 Blade 3 HPCs in a 2U standard 19” server chassis the resulting daisy-chained HPC will have 600 cores and 1,320HGz of computing power. This is powered by only 1500 watts of input power.
For the less ambitious but equally strong performer Mixtile reports that a smaller cluster of Blade 3’s can be stacked one atop another and connected to deliver powerful edge computing for IoT projects and AI computing.
- Blade 3 can be stacked using posts to form a cluster. The company uses as an example a stack of 4 Blade 3 HPCs. When the HPCs work together their network speed is boosted up to 20 Gbps and the equivalent memory bandwidth is raised up to 136 GB/s
- Rockchip Octa-core Cortex-A76/A55 SoC processor RK3588
- Up To 256 eMMC storage
- Up to 32GB LPDDR 4 RAM
- NPU up to 6 TOPS
- 4-lane PCIe Generation 3 in U.2 port
- SATA in U.2 Port
- 2X 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports with link aggregation
- Flash expansion socket for a Micro-SD 3.0 card
- Mini-PCIe socket for Generation 2.1 and USB 2.0
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C ports with DisplayPort 1.4a
- 0 to 80°C Operating temperature
- Preloaded Debian 11 and supports Linux distributions and Android 12
Ultra-low power consumption computing with real-time video processing using HDMI 2.0 input and HDMI 2.1 output. USB Type-C PD, 12V DC standard SATA power in. The Blade 3 can be extended with UART TTL, SPI, I2C, and 12S.
For more information, the Mixtile Blade 3 product page can be found here. The Crowd Supply campaign is still running and pricing ranges from $169 – $259 USD with $10 US shipping and $20 worldwide shipping. Find the Crowd Supply Blade 3 campaign here
Mixtile | Mixtile.comSponsor this Article
For the past 8 years, I have been writing about embedded technologies, added to my technical, academic, and medical editorial experience, with companies like Elsevier and Cambridge University Press. I tell people to read what I write, not try to pronounce my last name. I am always available for comments and suggestions you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I promise I will take the time to reach back out to you. I live in the North East with my wonderful family.