Avent Wideband mmWave Radio Dev Kit for prototyping K/Ka Radar. The Kit is a RF SoC Generation-3 is meant for prototyping RF applications in the mmWave bands including 5G NR FR2 wireless backhaul, K/Ka band radar and SATCOM. The platform combines a Otava DTRX2 Dual Transceiver mmWave Radio Card, which was jointly developed by Otava and Avent. It uses the AMD Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC ZCU208 Evaluation Kit.
The entire signal chain, from millimete wave RF in the 19 to 31 GHz range to IF sampling in RFSoc Gen-3 data converters reaching 6 GHz. There is a native connection to MATLAB and Simulink provided through RFSoC Explorer with intuitive APIs for coding access, and graphical control.
AMD Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC ZCU208 Evaluation Kit
- Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC ZU48DR with integrated gigasample data converters and programmable gain control
- FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC+) interface
- 8x 14-bit 5 GSPS ADCs
- 8x 14-bit 10 GSPS DACs
- RF Mezzanine Card 2.0 interface for RF expansion
- 4GB 64-bit DDR4 programmable logic memory
- 4GB 64-bit DDR4 processor system memory
Otava DTRX2 mmWave Radio Card for RFSoC ZCU208 Evaluation Kit
- RF band select filters can be added externally based on operating frequency
- Independent signal chain enable/disable for TDD operation
- 2 TX channels up-convert from IF up to 6 GHz through RFSoC Gen-3 DACs to mmWave frequencies within 19 to 31 GHz
- Digital Step Attenuators (DSA) for gain control
- Independent TX and RX LO PLLs with integrated frequency synthesizer, onchip VCO, and common reference from the AMD Xilinx ZCU208 CLK104 module
- 2 RX channels down-convert from mmWave within 19 to 31 GHz down to IF frequencies in a 6 GHz range through RFSoC Gen-3 ADCs
- TDD and FDD modes supported with appropriate RF front-end
- Powered from a single 12V DC connector
To find out more about the Avnet Wideband mmWave Radio development Kit see the product page here.
Avnet | avnet.comSponsor this Article
For the past 8 years, I have been writing about embedded technologies, added to my technical, academic, and medical editorial experience, with companies like Elsevier and Cambridge University Press. I tell people to read what I write, not try to pronounce my last name. I am always available for comments and suggestions you can reach me at email@example.com and I promise I will take the time to reach back out to you. I live in the North East with my wonderful family.