Aimtec launched 9 new additions to the low power win a family of converters, comprised of 1W and 2W DC/DC power types. These converters are redesigned to enhance performance and offer a great deal of economy to scale over previous versions. This is while maintaining the same footprint, SIP, DIP, and SMD pinouts.
Overall improvements to performance can be seen in the following ways:
- The new converters do not compromise over current protection (OCP) versus maximum capacitive load ability. This effectively eliminates the important mutual constraints of OCP, start-up capability, and maximum capacitive load. This new series of converters have a maximum capacitive load of up to 2400 µF
- The DC-DC enclosed converters improve the light load and full load efficiencies when compared to the previous generation of converters. This makes these converters ideal for application environments such as RS485, or the CAN bus, because they use a light load, usually under 5mA.
- The new additions are more reliable overall than previous generations and have a higher MTBF
The manufacturing process has improved due to innovations in the industry, offering additional cost savings over the previous generation of products in this category. Some of the features of the new additions to the low power win series are:
- High I/O isolation of 1500VDC
- Industry-standard SIP4 pin-out array
- Continuous short circuit protection
- 74% efficiency rating
- Regulated output
- Operating temp: -40°C to +85°C
- Full operating power up to +71°C
Further information on the Aimtec Low Power Win family of DC-DC converters can be found on the website
Aimtec | aimtec.comSponsor this Article
For the past 8 years, I have been writing about embedded technologies, added to my technical, academic, and medical editorial experience, with companies like Elsevier and Cambridge University Press. I tell people to read what I write, not try to pronounce my last name. I am always available for comments and suggestions you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I promise I will take the time to reach back out to you. I live in the North East with my wonderful family.