Renesas Electronics has added a new family to its popular series of R-Car system-on-chips (SoCs) with the R-Car Gen3e. Featuring six new members, the new R-Car Gen3e series of SoCs offers a scalable lineup for entry- to mid-range automotive applications that require high-quality graphics rendering, such as integrated cockpit domain controllers, in-vehicle infotainment (IVI), digital instrument cluster, driver monitoring systems and LED matrix light.
The new devices extend the successful R-Car Gen3 SoC products with increased CPU performance up to 50k DMIPS and 2GHz speeds to help carmakers navigate demands for continuous user experience, security and safety improvements, says Renesas.
- Increased CPU performance – up to 2GHz for the R-Car M3Ne, R-Car M3e, and R-Car H3e devices
- On-chip real-time Arm Cortex R7 CPU to eliminate the need for an external vehicle controller combined with a Renesas PMIC, reducing overall BOM costs
- Reduced development times with reference solutions for fast boot, HMI, and functional safety
- Board support packages updated with the latest versions of the Linux and Android operating systems
R-Car Gen3e Reference Solutions:
- Pre-integrated software enables higher application integration, for example for 2D/3D cluster HMI, welcome animation, rear-view camera, and surround view applications
- VirtIO technology allows developers to easily add the reference solutions to existing applications without changing the existing Linux or Android application
- Supports ASIL-B system safety requirements for applications such as telltale monitoring and camera freeze detection, as well as for true hardware separation in non-hypervisor cockpits
- The R-Car Consortium (RCC) partner ecosystem includes system integrators, middleware/application developers, and operating system and tools vendors, providing innovative solutions for the connected Car, ADAS, and gateway markets that enable customers to reduce development time and accelerate time to market for new products.
The R-Car Gen3e SoCs are available now in samples.
Renesas Electronics | www.renesas.com