Intersil Corp.’s low-power ISL29501 time-of-flight (ToF) signal processing IC is an object detection and distance measurement solution when combined with an external emitter (e.g., LED or laser) and photodiode. Intended for Internet of Things (IoT) applications and consumer mobile devices, the ISL29501 offers precision long-range accuracy up to 2 m in both light and dark ambient light conditions. You can select an emitter and photodiode and then configure a custom low-power ToF sensing system.
The ISL29501’s on-chip emitter DAC with programmable current up to 255 mA enables you to select the desired current level for driving the external infrared (IR) LED or laser. This feature enables optimization of distance measurement, object detection, and power budget. In addition, the ISL29501 can perform system calibration to accommodate performance variations of the external components across temperature and ambient light conditions.
The ISL29501’s main specs and features:
- On-chip DSP calculates ToF for accurate proximity detection and distance measurement up to 2 m
- Modulation frequency of 4.5 MH
- On-chip emitter DAC with programmable current up to 255 mA a
- On-chip active ambient light rejection
- Programmable distance zones
- Automatic gain control
- 2.7 to 3.3 V Supply voltage range
- I2C interface supports 1.8- and 3.3-V bus
The ISL29501 is available in a low profile 4 mm x 5 mm, 24-lead TQFN package for $4.87 USD in 1,000-piece quantities. The ISL29501-ST-EV1Z reference design board costs $250.
http://www.intersil.com/enBecome a Sponsor