Texas Instruments recently launched TI Precision Labs, which is a comprehensive online classroom for analog engineers to take on-demand courses. The free, modular curriculum includes more than 30 training experiences and lab videos covering analog amplifier design considerations with online coursework.
TI Precision Labs incorporates a variety of tools to bring the online training experience to life. A $199 TI Precision Labs Op Amp Evaluation Module (TI-PLABS-AMP-EVM) enables engineers to complete each demonstrated learning activity along with the trainer. The curriculum also provides access to free design tools, such as TI Designs reference designs and TI’s TINA-TI SPICE model simulator.
Engineers can evaluate circuits and small-signal AC performance created during the trainings with National Instruments’s VirtualBench all-in-one instrument and TI’s Bode Analyzer Software for VirtualBench, as well as standard engineering bench equipment.
Key features and benefits of TI Precision Labs:
- Experiential learning applies theory to real-world, hands-on examples with lab demonstration videos.
- A customized learning environment provides recommended training tracks on topics such as noise, bandwidth and input/output swing, while enabling engineers to pick and choose courses based on individual needs and interests.
- Accelerated learning for recent graduates eases the transition from undergraduate theoretical-based learning to real-world designing.
- Robust learning materials include a downloadable presentation workbook and lab manual, as well as TI’s Analog Engineer’s Pocket Reference, which puts commonly used board- and system-level formulas at your fingertips.
- Expert support: A TI Precision Labs support forum is available on the TI E2E Community to answer questions resulting from the training.
The TI Precision Labs training curriculum is free to anyone with a myTI account. In addition to free training, other benefits of myTI registration include the ability to purchase TI integrated circuits (ICs), evaluation modules, development kits and software; request product samples; get technical assistance through the TI E2E Community; create, simulate and optimize systems in the WEBENCH Design Center; and more.
TI Precision Labs curriculum is housed in the new TI Training Center, which connects engineers with the technical training they need to find solutions to their design challenges anytime, anywhere.
In addition to the on-demand courses, in-person, hands-on trainings covering a variety of precision amplifier topics, such as noise, offset, input bias, slew rate and bandwidth, are scheduled for May in Schaumburg, IL and Pewaukee, WI. Both live trainings require registration and cost $99 to attend. More in-person training dates in the United States will be added.
Source: Texas InstrumentsBecome a Sponsor