u-blox new SARA-N2 Narrowband IoT (NB-IoT) module is a cellular radio module compliant to the 3GPP Release 13, Narrowband IoT (LTE Cat. NB1) standard. Intended for a wide variety of IoT applications (e.g., smart buildings and cities, utilities metering, and asset tracking), the compact (16 mm × 26 mm) SARA-N2 module will operate for up to 20 years from a single-cell primary battery. With a 20-dB link budget improvement over GPRS, the module delivers high performance under poor coverage conditions (e.g., underground or inside a building).
The SARA-N2 module’s advantages include:
- Secure, private communications
- Peak downlink rates of up to 227 kbps and uplink rates of up to 21 kbps
- Simultaneous support for three RF bands so you can use the same module in most geographic regions.
- Lower latency than mesh networks due to its point-to-point topology,
- Ability to run next to existing 2G and LTE networks
- Allows for robust two-way communication
- The possibility for global roaming
Samples of the SARA-N2 NB-IoT module are scheduled to be available in Q4 2016.
Source: u-bloxSponsor this Article More Information on Article Sponsorship