Intended to address security concerns in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) systems, Maxim Integrated Products’s MAXREFDES143# embedded security reference design enables you to protect your designs against counterfeit sensor data. Intended to simplify the development of secure, authenticated sensor-to-web data, the design is well suited for analog sensor node and data authentication in a variety of applications, including factory automation and industrial processing.
The reference design features a two-stage hierarchical architecture, an Arduino-compatible hardware interface, and ARM mbed libraries. The architecture consists of a shield that communicates to a web server and a protected sensor node for data acquisition and authentication. The shield comprises the following:
- Wi-Fi module
- Maxim Integrated Products DS2465 secure coprocessor for offloading SHA-256 cryptographic computation
- 1-Wire and I2C interfaces
- User-interface LCD, LEDs, and pushbuttons
- Alarm and logging functions.
The sensor node comprises:
- Maxim Integrated Products DS28E15 secure authenticator
- DS7505 temperature sensor
- MAX44009 light sensor.
The MAXREFDES143# IoT embedded security reference design is available for $75. Free hardware and firmware design files are posted online.
Source: Maxim Integrated ProductsBecome a Sponsor