Your Entry to the WIZnet Connect the Magic 2014 Design Challenge must use at least one WIZnet WIZ550io or W5500 chip.
- You can request a free WIZ550io. A limited number of complimentary modules are available. Available only while supplies last.
- Visit WIZnet’s product page for more information about the WIZ550io.
The WIZ550io is an auto-configurable Ethernet controller module that includes the W5500 (TCP/IP-hard-wired chip and PHY embedded), transformer, and an RJ-45 connector. The module has a unique, embedded real MAC address and auto network configuration capability.
When powered on, the WIZ550io initializes itself with the MAC and default IP address and can be pinged from your computer. Thus, you don’t need to write MAC and network information such as an IP address, subnet mask, and gateway address.
- Supports hardwired TCP/IP Protocols: TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4, ARP, IGMP, PPPoE
- Supports eight independent sockets simultaneously
- Supports Power down mode
- Supports Wake on LAN over UDP
- Supports High Speed Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI MODE 0, 3)
- Internal 32-KB Memory for Tx/Rx Buffers
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet PHY embedded
- Supports Auto Negotiation (Full and half duplex, 10 and 100-based)
- Does not support IP Fragmentation
- 3.3-V operation with 5-V I/O signal tolerance
- LED outputs (Full/Half duplex, Link, Speed, Active)
- 48-Pin LQFP Lead-Free Package (7 × 7-mm, 0.5-mm pitch)
- T. Cantrell, “Connect the Magic: An Introduction to the WIZnet W5500,” Circuit Cellar 284, March 2014. (URL)
- WIZ550io Datasheet
- W5500 Driver
- WIZ550io Reference Board