Intel, Microsoft, and Circuit Co. have teamed up to produce a development board designed for the production of software and drivers used on mobile devices such as phones, tablets and similar System on a Chip (SoC) platforms running Windows and Android operating systems with Intel processors.
The 6″ × 4″ Sharks Cove board and features a number of interfaces including GPIO, I2C, I2S, UART, SDIO, mini USB, USB, and MIPI for display and camera.
Its main features include:
- Intel ATOM Processor Z3735G , 2M Cache, 4 Core, 1.33 GHz up
to 1.88 GHz
- Intel HD Graphics
- 1 GB 1×32 DDR3L-RS-1333, 16-GB EMMC storage, micro SD Card
- HDMI full size connector, MIPI display connector
- Twelve (5 × 2) Shrouded pin header connectors, 1 (2 × 10) sensor header, 2 × 60 pin MIPI connector for display, camera and 5 (2 × 2) headers for power
- One USB 2.0 type A connector
- One micro USB type A/B for debug
- Audio Codec Realtek ALC5640, speaker output header and onboard digital mic
- Ethernet or WiFi via USB
- Intel UEFI BIOS
- Power, volume up, volume down, home screen and rotation lock
- One micro USB type A/B for Power
- SPI debug programming header
You can preorder the board for $299. It includes a Windows 8.1 image together with all the necessary utilities for it to run on Sharks Cove.