Microsemi recently announced the availability of the RTG4 FPGA Development Kit for high-bandwidth space applications. The innovative kit provides space designers an evaluation and development platform for applications such as data transmission, serial connectivity, and more.
The development kit provides all necessary reference to evaluate and adopt RTG4 technology quickly. You don’t need to build a test board and assemble the device onto the board. The RTG4 Development Kit is ideal for evaluating and designing for remote sensing space payloads, radar and imaging, and spectrometry. Other applications include mobile satellite services (MSS) communication satellites, high-altitude aviation, medical electronics, and civilian nuclear power plant control.
RTG4 FPGAs feature reprogrammable flash configuration, which makes prototyping easier. Reprogrammable flash technology offers complete immunity to radiation-induced configuration upsets in the harshest radiation environments, without the configuration scrubbing required with SRAM FPGA technology. RTG4 supports space applications requiring up to 150,000 logic elements and up to 300 MHz of system performance.
The RTG4 Development Kit’s features and specs:
- One RT4G150 device in a ceramic package with 1,657 pins
- Two 1GB DDR3 synchronous dynamic random access memory (SDRAM)
- 2GB SPI flash memory
- PCI Express Gen 1 interface
- One pair SMA connectors for testing of the full-duplex SERDES channel
- Two FMC connectors with HPC/LPC pinout for expansion
- RJ45 interface for 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- USB micro-AB connector
- Embedded Flashpro5 programmer and external programming header
- Current measurement test points
The RTG4 Development Kit features a RT4G150 device offering more than 150,000 logic elements in a ceramic package with 1,657 pins. Kits are available now for purchase.