Imagination recently launched the MIPS Creator CI20 development board, which is targeted at hobbyists, makers and schools working on open source projects. The system supports Linux (currently running Debian 7, but other images are also supported) and by the end of September Android 4.4 KitKat.
Its main hardware features include:
- Ingenic JZ4780, dual 1.2-GHz MIPS32 processor, SGX540 GPU, 32k I&D L1 cache, 512-KB L2 cache
- IEEE754 Floating Point Unit
- 8-GB Flash, 1-GB DDR3 memory
- Video playback up to 1080p
- AC97 audio, via 4-pin input/output jack and HDMI connector
- Camera interface –ITU645 controller
- Connectivity – 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- HDMI output up to 2K resolution
- 2 x USB – host and OTG
- 14-pin ETAG connector
- 2 x UART, GPIO, SPI, I2C, ADC, expansion headers
- Power supply
For a chance of receiving a free board, you just need to register and describe the project you want to build. If you are lucky and the company likes the sound of your proposal, you will be one of 1000 entrants to receive a free Creator CI20 development board. For more information go to the Imagination web site and fill out a request form.