The fifth edition of the PECCS conference (5th International Conference on
Pervasive and Embedded Computing and Communication Systems) organized by INSTICC (Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication) will take place from the February 11-13, 2015 in Angers, Loire Valley, France.
Pervasive and embedded computing and communication is a paradigm that aims at providing trustworthy computing solutions and communication services all the time and everywhere. This entails the need for an interdisciplinary field of R&D that combines signal processing with computer hardware and software technologies, and utilizes and integrates pervasive, wireless, embedded, wearable and/or mobile systems. Applications range from ambient intelligence to ubiquitous multimedia, multidimensional signal processing, sensors, robotics, integrated communication systems and nanotechnologies. PECCS will bring together researchers, engineers and practitioners interested in the theory and applications in these areas.
One of the most important contributions that PECCS brings about is the creation of a high-level forum in collaboration with the most prestigious internationally recognized experts, including names such as Muriel Medard (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States), Alois Ferscha (Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Austria), Bran Selic (University of Toronto, Canada), and Ian White (University of Cambridge, United Kingdom). Each will deliver a keynote lecture reflecting their knowledge on Mobile and Pervasive Computing, Digital Signal Processing and Embedded Systems Design.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support. SCITEPRESS is a member of CrossRef and every paper is given a DOI (Digital Object Identifier). All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library. The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP, EI (Elsevier Index) and Scopus.
The main sponsor of this conference is INSTICC, in collaboration with several other international associations and institutions related to its main topic areas.
Further information about PHOTOPTICS 2015 can be found at the conference website.
# # #
INSTICC is the Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication, a scientific, non-profit, association whose main goals are to serve the international scientific community by promoting, developing and disseminating knowledge in the areas of information systems and technologies, control and communications.
To achieve these goals, INSTICC is committed to integrate and support many activities relevant for the international scientific community, including:
- Promotion of the mobility of renowned researchers, usually involved as keynote speakers at INSTICC events, so that they can share their knowledge with conference delegates;
- Providing grants to support the presence of many young researchers from all over the world, especially from regions facing economic difficulties, who wish to attend INSTICC conferences;
- Publication of proceedings, books and journals – some of them in cooperation with distinguished international publishers – widely indexed and made available at appropriate digital libraries;
- Sponsorship of research projects, proposed by universities and R&D institutes, related to INSTICC main interest areas;
- Collaboration with international associations, who may technically co-sponsor INSTICC events, as well as with companies involved in R&D or supporting of the international academic community.
Over the years, these initiatives have brought together a large and very diversified international community spread over more than 141 countries, including more than 500 high profile keynote speakers, over 15600 specialized reviewers and about 46000 authors.