Ericsson recently announced the availability of the PIM4610PD power interface module (PIM), which simplifies low-EMI design in Advanced Telecom Computing Architecture (ATCA) applications. An extension of Ericsson’s 3E* PIM family, the new PIM4610PD has been optimized to simplify design in blade server-applications based on ATCA and PICMG 3.7 systems.
- The PIM4610PD’s features and specs:
Minimized ripple and noise characteristics have been minimized
- Operates over an input range of 36 to 75 V
- Delivers 864 W with a 54-V input, 768 W at 48 V, and 600 W at 37.5 V
- Built-in digital monitoring and an extensive range of energy-monitoring functionalities via an I2C/PMBus interface
- Protection against input transients, reverse polarity, over-temperature, over-current, input under-voltage, and inrush current
- A well-controlled shutdown procedure that enables de-assertion of the Power Good pin when input power is below a certain level
- Quarter-brick format, measuring 57.9 × 36.8 × 21.33 mm
The PIM4610PD starts at $72 for OEM quantities.