Whether it’s embedded systems design advice or programming tips, engineers rely on Circuit Cellar for solutions to all their electrical engineering challenges. Circuit Cellar features the latest embedded systems technologies and more:
- Embedded development
- Embedded programming
- Programmable logic
- Wireless communications
- Test & measurement
- Internet connectivity
- Analog design
Circuit Cellar will connect you with engineers, academics, and students around the world. In addition to magazine advertising, Circuit Cellar offers a qualified target group for your sampling programs and design contests. Reach thousands of potential buyers with Circuit Cellar’s Newsletter, tech and information e-newsletter. Enhance your print promotions with native advertising or highlight product features with an in-depth advertorial.
Download a PDF version of the media kit: 2015 Media Kit
Magazine Advertising Rates
Print Artwork Guidelines
Online Advertising Rates
|RESERVATIONSStrategic Media Marketing, Inc.
2 Main Street
Gloucester, MA 01930
|2 PG SPREAD||FULL PG||1/2 PG||1/3 PG||1/4 PG||2/9 PG||1/9 PG|
Add $400 to B&W Rates $175 for 1/9 PG
Cover Rates (Includes four-color charge)
|Cover 2||Cover 3||Cover 4|
*Premium Positions are available and subject to publisher’s approval. Add 10% to Net Rate. Left/Right-hand page requests are considered Premium Positions.
2 PG Spread
Live: 15.25″ x 10″ (live copy area with 1″ gutter), Bleed: 16.50″ x 11.125, Trim: 16.25” x 10.875”
Full PG & Covers
Live: 7″ x 10″, Bleed: 8.375″ x 11.125″, Trim: 8.125 x 10.875″
1/2 Horizontal 7″ x 4.75″
1/2 Vertical 4.50″ x 10″
1/3 Vertical 2.25″ x 10″
1/3 Square 4.625″ x 4.75″
1/4 PG 3.375″ x 4.75″
1/9 PG 2″ x 3″
2/9 Vertical 2″ x 6.25″
2/9 Horizontal 4.25″ x 3″
All artwork should be submitted in a vector-based format, printer-ready, PDF. Advertisements posted in the digital edition may still exude subtle, unavoidable differences in apparent resolution from that of press-optimized files.
- 4 color ads should be in CMYK format
- Black and white ads should be in grayscale
- Fonts should be embedded
- Graphics need to be high resolution (300 DPI or higher)
Advertorials (Ads in Content-Style Layout) – View Sample
*All advertorial content must be approved by editorial prior to placement. Contact CC for specifications and submissions guidelines. $60 per hour for any editorial work that must be done beyond: reviewing the files, creating the layout, and performing a basic spell check. Examples include: line editing, rewriting, art updating, and paragraph changes.
Vendor Directory: circuitcellar.com/vendor
|Premium||$500/annual||Company name, URL, 50-word description, & logo (JPG/GIF)|
|Standard||Free||Company name and URL|
|Banner Type||Size (Pixels)||Rate (monthly)|
|Leaderboard||300 x 50||$950|
|Large Rectangle||300 x 250||$750|
|Half Banner||300 x 100||$450|
|Button||125 x 125||$250|
|Lower Banner||728 x 90||$500|
Native Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities – View Sample
Ready to get the most out of your marketing budget and amplify your sales? Circuit Cellar will help you create and deliver engaging, shareable content that will strengthen your brand and drive traffic to your sites. Work with Circuit Cellar to start compelling conversations and reach new customers with your message.
- Custom In-Feed Content Unit ($2500): Circuit Cellar has a smart alternative to traditional banner ads. Now you can deliver your company’s engaging, custom content within the Circuit Cellar editorial feed. Our readers will discover your brand as they read engaging content. It’s an unobtrusive way to provide potential customers with immediate value the first time you engage them at CircuitCellar.com.
- Sponsored Circuit Cellar Content Unit ($2000): Create immediate brand awareness by sponsoring recurring high-quality, Circuit Cellar-created content, such as EE Tips, Interviews, Project Articles, or a weekly wrap-up. The “in-feed” editorial unit clearly promotes your brand as the sponsor, and your promotion continues naturally when readers click through to the full content page.
- Sponsored Circuit Cellar Archive Download ($2000): Stand out from the crowd by sponsoring Circuit Cellar’s sought-after downloadable content. Your brand benefits as Circuit Cellar drives traffic and attention to its downloadable content.
Circuit Cellar Newsletter – View Sample
Hitting the inbox of thousands of opt-in subscribers each week, the Circuit Cellar Newsletter is the premiere e-newsletter for the embedded industry. Electronics news and insight, project information, timely offers, and more!
|Banner Type||Size (Pixels)||Rate|
|Main Header||650 x 124||$700|
|Full Banner||650 x 83||$535|
|Spotlight||170 x 232||$450|
Online Specifications (Banners and Circuit Cellar Newsletter)
- 72 dpi
- GIF, JPG, PNG, Flash
- 40kb max. file size
- RGB color
- Specify URL for linking advertisement
Partner Mailings – View Sample
Contact Circuit Cellar’s opt-in subscribers with an exclusive mailing for your company (5,000 opt-in minimum)
- Flat Set-Up Fee: $300
- CMP: $400
- Prepay available upon request. Confirm with SMM upon booking. 4% discount for 6 – 11 month contract. 8% discount for 12 months or more. Contract must be paid in full to qualify.
- New Advertisers: First ad prepaid, then Net 30 on approved credit.
- US Advertiser Credit Terms: Net 30
- Outside US Terms: Ads must be prepaid prior to space closing date.
- All payment must be made in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank. Funds may be wired. Contact Circuit Cellar’s Advertising Department.
Special Billing Charges
- Digital ads are required. Corrections/changes to existing ads and manipulation of digital files will incur additional production charges and will be reflected on the invoice for that issue month.
- Production charges apply for the conversion of files from RGB into either CMYK for color ads or to grayscale for 2-Color and BW ads. (Note: Photos and graphics found on websites are usually in RGB mode and are often of poor quality for printing.)
Send artwork and billing inquiries to: Kim Hopkins
Advertising Artwork Dropbox (for large files)
*Bonus distributions (and dates) are subject to change. Confirm with your Circuit Cellar representative.