Circuit Cellar’s College Digital Program provides electronics professors/instructors a convenient way to make additional technical materials available to their students for class work. By applying to the College Digital Subscription Program, a professor/instructor can give students access to a free digital subscription to Circuit Cellar magazine.
RULES & ELIGIBILITY
- Only a professor or instructor teaching a university-level course or courses can apply and sign up students for the program via this online form.
- All professors, instructors, and students listed in the application must be currently associated with a bona fide institution of higher learning and must be involved in a course or courses relating to electrical engineering, computer science, embedded systems, programming, robotics, or electronics.
- If the application is accepted, all the registered students and their instructor will receive a free, one-year digital subscriptions to Circuit Cellar magazine.
- Circuit Cellar reserves the right approve or cancel a subscription at any time for any reason.
- It’s Free — Students receive a free digital subscription to Circuit Cellar.
- It’s Educational — Students are given access to articles and tutorials from the world’s best engineers and academics, with new material every month!
- It’s Inspirational — Every year, Circuit Cellar publishes several full-length articles by students and university teams. Such articles will inspire your students to submit their own article proposals!
- It’s Current — Students will learn about the newest technologies on the market, from microcontrollers to FPGAs to wireless applications to software technology, and they’ll stay informed on all the latest news within the electrical engineering community.
- It’s Special — As subscribers, students will be eligible for special subscriber-only promotions and discounts on Circuit Cellar products and those of our partners.
- Sign Up — Complete the online application form below, adding your students’ email addresses in the space provided. If accepted, each individual email address will be assigned a free, one-year digital subscription.
- Approval — Circuit Cellar staff will determine if all eligibility requirements have been met.
- Activate Your Subscription — Once you’re approved, you and your students will each receive an email notification. You will all need to activate your subscription individually. It’s easy! Just follow these simple steps:
In the login window, click “Forgot your username or password? Click here”.
Type in your email address. (Note: Students should type in the email address you listed for them.)
You will receive an email to reset your password.
Open the email from Subscription Services with the subject line “Password Reset for College Edition – Circuit Cellar Magazine” (Note: If the email does not appear in your Inbox please check your Spam folder.)
Click the link provided to reset your password and create a password for your account.
- Subscribed — Once you and your students have active subscriptions you will be able to access your copy of the current issue of Circuit Cellar (as well as two back issues) anytime at http://bit.ly/cccollege.
Q: What is a digital edition of Circuit Cellar and how do I read it?
A: It is a high-resolution replica of Circuit Cellar magazine. You can view your digital edition in two different ways. You can read it via the online flip-book reader which launches as soon as you log in to http://bit.ly/cccollege or you can log in and download it as a high-resolution PDF.
Q: Who can apply for the College Digital Subscription Program?
A: Only professors, instructors, and administrators at bona fide institutions of higher learning.
Q: I am a student. How do I get a free subscription?
A: Ask your professor or instructor to sign you and your classmates up at http://circuitcellar.com/collegedigitalprogram/.
Q: My professor signed me up and I activated my account with my email address. Where do I get my magazine each month?
A: You can go to http://bit.ly/cccollege at any time and read the current issue (as well as two back issues). You can also download a high-resolution PDF.
Q: When is each new issue of Circuit Cellar available?
A: Circuit Cellar is a monthly magazine. Each new digital issue should be available at http://bit.ly/cccollege about one week prior to its published month. For example, the February issue should first become available during or before the last week of January.
Q: If I am signed up for the College Digital Subscription Program, am I also on the program mailing list?
A: Yes. Your email will be automatically added to the mailing list. You can unsubscribe from the email list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link within the email.
Q: Circuit Cellar used to send physical copies of the magazine to my university. Why doesn’t it do so anymore?
A: Circuit Cellar replaced its old college subscription program with this new digital program because it is faster, more efficient, and cost effective to offer digital editions. With that said, we still offer discount paid print subscriptions for students.
Q: I need help with my subscription!