IR HiRel (an Infineon Technologies company) recently launched its first radiation-hardened MOSFETs based on the proprietary N-channel R9 technology platform. Offering size, weight, and power improvements over previous technologies, the 100-V, 35-A MOSFETs are ideally suited to mission-critical applications requiring an operating life up to and beyond 15 years. Target applications include space-grade DC-DC converters, intermediate bus converters, motor controllers, and high-speed switching designs.
The IRHNJ9A7130’s and IRHNJ9A3130’s features, benefits, and specs:
- Characterized for total ionizing dose (TID) immunity to radiation of 100 krads and 300 krads, respectively.
- An R DS(on) of 25 mΩ (typical) is 33% lower than the previous device generation.
- Provide increased power density and reduced power losses in switching applications
- Improved Single Event Effect (SEE) immunity and have been characterized for useful performance with Linear Energy Transfer (LET) up to 90 MeV/(mg/cm²); at least 10 percent higher than previous generations.
- Both of the new devices are packaged in a hermetically sealed, lightweight, surface-mount ceramic package (SMD-0.5) measuring just 10.28 mm × 7.64 mm × 3.12 mm.
- Available in bare die form.
Source: Infineon Technologies