Yet again, last week was hectic yet productive for my Elektor colleagues overseas: articles were edited, design projects were undertaken, and much more. Here’s the inside scoop on two important items.
Progress at “Elektor Projects”
The “Elektor Projects” website is officially live, and members have begun sharing their electronics experiences and discussing projects.
Check out some of the current projects members can join:
- Pico C-Plus and Pico C-Super
- MYC, a universal system to control devices and programs
- Sub low pass filter
- Wheelie 2
- USB record digitizer with RIAA correction
- Analog Theremin
Go to www.elektor-projects.com to find out more.
LED Book & Kit Promo
Elektor announced a nice offer for members interested in Willem van Dreumel’s book Fun with LEDs. For a limited time, Elektor members get 15% discount and free shipping and handling. Here’s the info about the book straight from Elektor:
LEDs are found everywhere these days. These colorful lights seem to offer so many you may wonder where to begin using them. This booklet presents more than twenty exciting projects covering LEDs, aimed at young & old. From an Air Writer, a Party Light, Running Lights, a LED Fader right up to a Christmas Tree.
Use this book to replicate various projects and then put them into practice. To give you a head start each project is supported by a brief explanation, schematics and photos. In addition, the free support page on the Elektor website has a few inspiring video links available that elaborate on the projects.
A couple of projects employ the popular Arduino microcontroller board that’s graced by a galaxy of open source applications.
An optional 60-piece starter kitis also available with the book.
The kit includes:
- 1 pc. breadboard w. 270 contacts
- 1m hookup wire
- 1 pc. 9V battery clip
- 27 pcs. carbon film resistor (27E, 56E, 82E, 150E, 270E, 330E, 390E, 8x 470E, 560E, 1K, 6x 2K2, 10K, 3M9, 4M7, 5M6)
- 4 pcs. ceramic capacitors (10nF; 5mm pitch)
- 5 pcs. BS170
- 1 pc. LM555CN (NE555CN)
- 1 pc. C4017 (HEF4017)
- 3 pcs. trimpot, horizontal (1K, 10K, 100K, + 3 wheels), pitch 10mm/12.5mm, with spindle
- 1 pc. RGB LED (4-pin)
- 1 pc. UV LED, 5mm
- 1 pc. LED, 5mm, Rainbow (Colour-Change)
- 5 pcs. LED, diffuse, red, 5mm
- 5 pcs. LED, diffuse, yellow, 5mm
- 5 pcs. LED diffuse, green, 5mm
- 3 pcs. LED, bright blue, 5mm
- 3 pcs. LED, bright white, 5mm
- 2 pcs. 1N4148 diode
- 3 pcs. 10uF electrolytic (10uF/25V), pitch 2.54mm
- 3 pcs. 220uF electrolytic (220uF/25V), pitch 5mm
- 1 pc. 74HC14
- 1 pc. LM324
- 1 pc. CD4093 (HEF4093)
- 3 pcs. BC547B
You can use the kit build and test circuits on a breadboard without having to get involved with soldering.
CircuitCellar.com is an Elektor International Media publication.